Tuesday, April 24, 2012

CBYX

So I have great news! I have received the full scholarship to Germany this coming year. It is a fully paid scholarship funded by the US Department of State. I am one of the 250 HS students in the US that was selected this year. Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange(CBYX) starts with a 4 day stay in Washington DC where I will meet up with the winners from the AFS region. The AFS region includes 49 other CBYX winners from the NE states of the US. In DC we will meet up with AFS staff and tour DC on the first day. The remaining three days include meetings with senate and congress officials, visiting the German embassy, and going through orientation seminars discussing the rules and many challenges about living in Germany for over 10 months. Our next step will be to depart from DC and arrive in Frankfurt airport to meet up with our host families.

Getting that phone call that I won was definitely one of the most exciting moments in my life. I really couldn't of done it if I didn't have the help and support from my family, teachers and friends. I am really looking forward to getting my host family now and I will keep you guys updated on that! Thanks so much for taking the time to read my post=]

No comments:

Post a Comment